ubuntu-device-flash errors for building armhf image

Zygmunt Krynicki zygmunt.krynicki at canonical.com
Fri Jun 3 10:30:07 UTC 2016

On Friday, 3 June 2016 12:12:15 CEST, Woodrow Shen
<woodrow.shen at canonical.com> wrote:
> Hi Ogra,
>
> Thanks your help a lot !!
> The uboot.env is a file I miss, and now I can build an image successfully.
> ^0^/
>
> I also wonder why don't we provide some gold examples / guides to instruct
> how to build the gadget snap for the specific arch, especially the gadget
> couldn't created by snapcraft.

I am sure we will do exactly that it is just that right now gadget snap are
not finalized and the tooling around it is not fully implemented.

I plan to provide sources for building gadget snaps for all supported
platforms. From there you can fork and tweak as little or as much as you
want.

Best regards
ZK

> Cheers,
> Woodrow,
>
> On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 5:38 PM, Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>
>> hi,
>>

>> > On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 2:59 PM, Woodrow Shen
>> > <woodrow.shen at canonical.com> wrote:
>> >         Hi all,
>> >

>> >         I made roseapple-pi gadget snap[1]
>>
>> there are multiple issues with your gadget snap ...
>> in your snap.yaml you define two files that do not exist:
>> - path: boot-assets/bootloader.bin
>> - path: boot-assets/u-boot.bin
>>
>> we also do not support any text files for configuring the bootloader any
>> more, you need to create a uboot.env (and adjust your uboot build time
>> configuration to use and find it):
>>
>> #define CONFIG_ENV_SIZE                        SZ_128K
>> #define CONFIG_ENV_IS_IN_FAT
>> #define FAT_ENV_INTERFACE              "mmc"
>> #define FAT_ENV_DEVICE_AND_PART                "0:1"
>> #define CONFIG_SYS_REDUNDAND_ENVIRONMENT
>>
>> (in include/configs/$your-board.h, note that FAT_ENV_DEVICE_AND_PART
>> needs to point to your vfat partition that holds the uboot.env file)
>>
>> the uboot.env needs to be created using the mkenvimage command either
>> from your uboot tree (it gets built in the tools directory) or from the
>> u-boot-tools package in the archive:
>>
>> mkenvimage -r -s 131072  -o uboot.env uEnv.txt
>>
>> (note the options are not optional ;) -r and -s 131072 are mandatory)
>> and change "- path: boot-assets/uEnv.txt" to "- path:
>> boot-assets/uboot.env" in your snap.yaml
>>
>> first see if it works better with the adjusted gadget snap and the very
>> latest ubuntu-device-flash from
>> http://people.canonical.com/~mvo/all-snaps/
>>
>> if there are still issues then we can go through your kernel snap ...
>>
>> ciao
>>         oli
>>

>> --

Wysłano programem Dekko z urządzenia Ubuntu