Rate my app

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Thu Dec 22 08:52:20 UTC 2016

On Thu, 22 Dec 2016 00:29:50 -0700, Spencer wrote:
>I ask, because, admittedly, I can't figure out how to rate my own app,
>or anyone else's for that matter.  Does anyone know how to do this?

Hi,

I can't help you, but I like to comment the rating crap.

If I buy a box containing 10 incense sticks for 0,90 EUR by an Internet
store, I get spammed with emails to rate the product and dealer. If I
purchase an expensive audio production app for my iPad, it could be,
that messages pop up, asking me to rate the app. Very often, when I
read reviews, I notice that most good reviews apparently were written
by the company selling the app and not by customers.

Until now Linux is an OS with a community, where users share
experiences by forums, mailing lists, blogs etc., not by grading and
writing good or bad comments in an SMS style.

The rating crap is for naive users. Most ratings are of no value, at
least not for FLOSS, were it's possible to read bug trackers etc., but
even for proprietary software vendor independent forums are a better
source.

Regards,
Ralf