Dell Gateway

Chen-Han Hsiao (Stanley) stanley.hsiao at canonical.com
Sun Aug 28 01:39:59 UTC 2016

Hi, Oriol,

Currently the cloud-init service is enabled by systemd
generator /lib/systemd/system-generators/cloud-init-generator. And it is
read-only, can't be modified. So systemd will always try to generator the
cloud-init service file.

If you want to disable cloud-init service, there is still one way to do so:
Add kernel parameter "cloud-init=disabled" to grub.cfg.

Once the cloud-init systemd-generator detect this kernel parameter, it
would stop generate the cloud-init service file.

I hope this will help.

Best.
Stanley.

On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 3:01 PM, Oriol Rius <oriol.rius at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I'm working with Ubuntu Snappy on a Dell Gateway and I want to remove
> next services from the systemd:
>
> cloud-config.service                       enabled
> cloud-final.service                        enabled
> cloud-init-local.service                   enabled
> cloud-init.service                         enabled
>
> Using "systemctl disable <servide_name>" I disable the services and they
> are correctly deactivated and soft link is removed from their /etc/systemd
> directory.
>
> But when I reboot the box everything is restored, I don't know where
> Snappy changes that. Of course, I remounted the root partition as a 'rw'
> and later I returned to 'ro' but there is a process o something that
> restores the original services.
>
> Thank you for your ideas.
>
> Oriol Rius

Chen-Han (Stanley) Hsiao 蕭辰翰
Software Engineer / Commercial Engineering - PC & Core
stanley.hsiao at canonical.com
https://launchpad.net/~swem

Canonical Ltd.
Room D, 46F, No. 7, Xin Yi Rd., Sec.5, Taipei 101, 11049 Taiwan
11049 台北市信義區信義路 5 段 7 號 46 樓 D 室
Phone: 886-2-8729-6811