Removing sub-parts from the remote parts ecosystem.

Joe Talbott joe.talbott at canonical.com
Wed Aug 10 20:37:01 UTC 2016

Actually it's not as bad as I thought.  We'd have duplicate entries;
the original would now have the project-part and '/' in explicitly in
each part name; and the new would be a copy with the slashes changed
to '-'.  This will allow older versions of snapcraft to continue to
use the versions with '/' in the name and newer versions will work
with either one until we disallow '/' in part names.  To get the
'desktop' sub-parts to work I forked the snapcraft-desktop-helpers
repo and added the duplicate parts there as well; one version with '/'
and one with '-'.  I then copied the wiki contents into a file locally
and changed it to contain the duplicate part names as well.  Both
version 2.13.1 and the version I'm working on in my PR which will be
in a release after 2.14 worked with the duplicated names.  By "worked"
I only mean that snapcraft was able to build a snap using a
snapcraft.yaml containing either version of the part name.

Thanks,
Joe