Improving Rosetta's relation with upstream translation teams

Dominik Zablotny doza at sztorm.net
Mon Oct 9 14:54:04 BST 2006

Dnia 09-10-2006, pon o godzinie 15:22 +1300, Matthew Paul Thomas
napisał:
> Would it help if we renamed "translation team" to "editors" or
> "supervisors"?
>
> Does there need to be another team for each language, separate from the
> editors/supervisors, so that inexperienced volunteers still feel like
> they're "part of the team"?

(I'm not upstream related, just Ubuntu translator)

IMHO splitting teams is not a good solution. Instead Rosetta (Launchpad)
should support more roles inside a team than member and administrator.
For example calling current members "supervisors" and defining members
as "weak members" without commit rights would be a good start.

I think keeping contributors outside main team could make them feel
depreciated and we should avoid it.

--
Dominik Zablotny
xmpp:doza at sztorm.net