Ensuring Quality in Ubuntu Translations

Carlos Perelló Marín carlos.perello at canonical.com
Wed Nov 29 09:01:24 GMT 2006

El vie, 03-11-2006 a las 23:16 +0530, amachu techie escribió:
> hi all,

Hi

> This is sri ramadas the contact person of ubuntu Tamil Team.
>
> He is the process which we have to ensur the quality of translations
> we do.
>
> We plan to follow up a Translator-Reviewer set up.
>
> So for a particular application we will have a translator and a
> reviewer.
>
> The reviewer can also be a translator. So the application which he
> translates will be reviewed by the other person.
>
> Two persons will be in a given point of time be a Translator and a
> reviewer.
>
> This ensures quality.
>
> Well we need to have some mechanism in rosetta where in we will have
> two fields that will have reviewer details and translator details.
>
> how about this solution? awaiting feedback.

It depends on what do you want here.

Do you want to enforce permissions based on it? or just as a tool to
coordinate your team?

I don't think is a good idea to use it to handle permissions. It's a too
restrictive model, or at least, by default, we should use what we have
now and if those fields are set, override the default permissions. The
problem is that, for small teams will be quite difficult to handle the
load of setting those fields.

> The quality team suggested is also good. :-)

We are still working on it, Rosetta developers had a meeting this month
and we talked about this problem and we are working on a possible
solution, based on the input got from this thread, we will keep you
informed once we have something written.

Cheers.

--
Carlos Perelló Marín
Ubuntu => http://www.ubuntu.com