Import status: test failed

Jordi Mallach jordi at canonical.com
Mon May 15 15:34:51 BST 2006

On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 10:41:26AM +0100, Neil Howe wrote:
> All contributors to Xara LX need to sign a contributor agreement. The
> reasons why we have to have this are described on our web site on this
> page : http://www.xaraxtreme.org/contributor_agreement.html
>
> So in order for translations to be provided with the official version of
> Xara LX, everyone contributing to a translation must sign the agreement,
> just as all source code contributors need to.
>
> I read somewhere that we could do this in Rosetta by setting up a
> translation group and we would only add someone to the group once they'd
> signed the agreement. And so we then know that all translators that have
> contributed have signed the agreement. I got the impression that once I
> was the 'owner' of the product in Rosetta, that I'd be able to setup and
> control such a group. But perhaps it's not that easy.
>
> Please let me know what you can do - I hope this isn't a 'showstopper'.
> I think there are a lot of open source projects that have a contributor
> agreement so I don't think we're too unusual.

Ok. There will be no problem to create this group, except that for now,
the maintenance of those what teams are added to the XaraLX group will
need to go through the launchpad admins, as the system is not yet
prepared to do that kind of assignments by non-priviledged users.

But in shrot, yes: you'll be able to have your own translation group
composed of the exact launchpad accounts that you want to grant
permissions to translate the application.

How many language teams exist in the XaraLX project, with the signed
agreement, etc.?

Jordi
jordi at sindominio.net     jordi at debian.org     http://www.sindominio.net/