Import status: test failed

Neil Howe NeilH at xara.com
Tue May 9 10:41:26 BST 2006

Thanks a lot for the rapid responses Jordi!

> That error you see has nothing to do with the translations, luckily.
It
> means that, with the SVN data provided, launchpad couldn't get the
xara
> source. There's either a problem with Launchpad's bzr importer, or the
> given svn:// URL.

Ok, we'll ignore that for now then.

> If you look in your 0.4 Translations section, you'll see the POT file
> was imported, although there are no translations available.

Yes, I see it - thanks.

> > Can someone point me at a guide that explains the various Rosetta
> > terms (products, series, projects, etc) and which gives an overview
of
> > how to use Rosetta? I've see the FAQ page. I'll need to setup a
'team'
> > that I can control the membership of and only people in the team
will
> > be allowed to contribute to the official Xara LX translations.
>
> Hmm. We normally encourage that you assign your templates to the
Ubuntu
> translation teams, and have only created new teams for very specific
> projects which really needed them (GNOME, KDE...). If you absolutely
> require to have tight control over who can translate Xara, a team will
> need to be created, but that needs to be discussed and approved by the
> launchpad heads, as we are trying to avoid every project having their
> own translation team. It would be quite painful to maintain right now.
>
> So, if you want this, please argument it, and we can consider. If not,
> we normally recommend you assign it to "Ubuntu translators", and set
the
> permissions to "Structured". That will allow the members of those
teams
> to translate XaraLX, and for languages still lacking an organised
team,
> people will also be able to contribute directly until they create a
> formal group.

All contributors to Xara LX need to sign a contributor agreement. The
reasons why we have to have this are described on our web site on this
page : http://www.xaraxtreme.org/contributor_agreement.html

So in order for translations to be provided with the official version of
Xara LX, everyone contributing to a translation must sign the agreement,
just as all source code contributors need to.

I read somewhere that we could do this in Rosetta by setting up a
translation group and we would only add someone to the group once they'd
signed the agreement. And so we then know that all translators that have
contributed have signed the agreement. I got the impression that once I
was the 'owner' of the product in Rosetta, that I'd be able to setup and
control such a group. But perhaps it's not that easy.

Please let me know what you can do - I hope this isn't a 'showstopper'.
I think there are a lot of open source projects that have a contributor
agreement so I don't think we're too unusual.

Thanks

Neil