Creating a Translation Team

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Thu Mar 30 05:23:09 BST 2006

Hello everybody :)

I was a member of this list some time back, but couldn't keep up. I
probably can't keep up now, but need to ask some questions. ;)

I'm a member of the new Ubuntu-Women group (although I am not a
Ubuntu-user ;) ), and have been asked to manage our translations. We
have started translating our wiki presence, and plan to translate our
website. Further translations will follow.

I would like to manage this via Rosetta, if possible. (I realize that
html files aren't the norm, but we can mess around with filters if
necessary. In any case, it's an opportunity to mentor some new women
translators in OSS translation, which is something I really want to
do, and which is needed.)

However, when I go to set up our translations, I am asked to choose
between existing Translation Teams. I don't want to do that: this is
a separate translation effort, which (sadly, but i say this from wide
experience [1]) will meet with at least some hostility and deliberate
interference, so we want to keep our translations closed.

How do I create a separate Translation Team: the Ubuntu-Women
Translation Team?

Thankyou for any help you can offer with this. :)

Also, is it possible for more than one of us to manage our project on
Launchpad? Because I'm managing the translations, I've had to be
logged as project admin, but there are others who will do other admin
tasks. I can't do it all, and I'm not the best choice for all admin
tasks. Can we choose our own Project as a Team for admin?

Sorry to ask this here, but Launchpad and Rosetta user info is almost
non-existent. :(

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)

[1] Women's computing groups meet with a shocking amount of hostility
online, including death threats and really revolting attacks, sent
personally to members. This is a minority behaviour, but we have to
deal with it.