Gnome translations

Carlos Perelló Marín carlos.perello at
Tue Mar 21 12:09:34 GMT 2006

On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 10:54 +0200, Eyal Ben-Simon wrote:
> Hy,

> What is going on with the gnome translations?
> Are they syncronized with the official server?

We get updates from there with every package update on Ubuntu. Thus,
after an Ubuntu release we don't get more updates for that version of

> If I'm translating something in rosetta will it be in the official
> gnome translation's server?

No, you should coordinate with GNOME's team to merge your changes back.

> I would like to understand in order to contribute and help in
> translating gnome and ubuntu in to my language.

I hope it helps you.

P.S.: Jordi, please, could you add this to the RosettaFAQ?. Thanks.

> Thank you,
> Eyal
> (i'm not subscribed to this mailing list, please send me a copy of any
> rosetta-users at
> Learn more about Rosetta:
Carlos Perelló Marín
Ubuntu =>