rosetta and manuals

Jordi Mallach jordi at canonical.com
Sat Jan 28 21:12:18 GMT 2006

Tom,

On Sat, Jan 07, 2006 at 04:26:52PM -1000, Tom M wrote:
> I'm curious if rosetta is setup or can be setup for manuals/wiki
> translations as well.

The general rule is that you'll be able to translate stuff in Rosetta as
long as it's in the gettext PO format.

> http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/Main_Page

I guess you'd have to write soem tool that translates wiki content to po
files (similarly to those that translate XML files to po, like xml2po),
and send them in.

> Also is there any method for requesting translators for particular languages?

You can contact them in their mailing list, if they have one, or try to
call for help in the ubuntu-translators mailing list.

Jordi
jordi at sindominio.net     jordi at debian.org     http://www.sindominio.net/