kde translation to rosetta?

atie atie.at.matrix at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 17:52:19 GMT 2006

I am little bit disappointed by "not a high priority feature", because of our
(ubuntu-l10n-ko) situation.
For Dapper's translation to Korean, there are lot of templates are currently
not translated. I have talked GNOME translators in Korea who are planning to
begin translation for GNOME 2.14 to Korean from about mid-February in order
for them to fit freezy of newer version of GNOME. We (ubuntu-l10n-ko) need to
cooperate with them since
1. we should maintain one set of translation in Korean for GNOME. This way we
can help Korean users regardless of distro.
2. They know history of Korean translation, another way of explaining they can
keep quality of translation so I am respecting their works.
3. If Rosetta can't help auto-sync for translation in Rosetta's templates with
GNOME translator's one, we got to translate from GNOME because of the above
one and two, IMO.
4. This situation is applied to KDE same as for our case.

I wish the priority will be reconsidered, I have recently found that Rosetta
is a good mean of collaborating on our translation work with team, I'd like
to continue my translation work with Rosetta and hope to contribute not only
for Ubuntu/Kubuntu Korean users but also for GNOME/KDE Korean users.

And second wish, is it possible to add a column to show which one is own by
Ubuntu or Kubuntu like as update manager? We can easily find and work on them
without cooperation with upstream translators.

Also, I'd like to ask when Dapper's guide and manuals will be imported to
Rosetta. As much as possible I'd like to translate Dapper to Korean before
it's release since we just finished translation of Breezy's starter guide - I
know it's too late.

--
rgds,
Atie