Too much choices in "Make suggestions from:" for Russian Language during translation of packet

Jordi Mallach jordi at canonical.com
Wed Aug 23 18:08:17 BST 2006

On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 01:27:04AM +0400, Igor Zubarev wrote:
> For example https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/dapper/+source/skim/+pots/
> desktop/ru/+translate
> Open combobox "Make suggestions from:". There are 2 Russian!
>
> 1. Russian (ru)
> 2. Russian (Russian Federation) (ru_RU)
>
> I think Russian (ru) is enough.
>
> What's the matter?
> Could you fix it?

The problem is some package must have imported a ru_RU translation, so
the list of Dapper languages includes it.

What we need to do is to either rename that file, if ru doesn't exist,
or see if the ru_RU contents need to be merged into ru, and then get rid
of it.

Carlos, I haven't been able to find the file provoking this. Do you know
where it is?

Jordi
jordi at sindominio.net     jordi at debian.org     http://www.sindominio.net/