Too much choices in "Make suggestions from:" for Russian Language during translation of packet

Carlos Perelló Marín carlos.perello at canonical.com
Thu Aug 24 07:36:28 BST 2006

El mié, 23-08-2006 a las 19:08 +0200, Jordi Mallach escribió:
> On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 01:27:04AM +0400, Igor Zubarev wrote:
> > For example https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/dapper/+source/skim/+pots/
> > desktop/ru/+translate
> > Open combobox "Make suggestions from:". There are 2 Russian!
> >
> > 1. Russian (ru)
> > 2. Russian (Russian Federation) (ru_RU)
> >
> > I think Russian (ru) is enough.
> >
> > What's the matter?
> > Could you fix it?
>
> The problem is some package must have imported a ru_RU translation, so
> the list of Dapper languages includes it.

Not in this case.

> What we need to do is to either rename that file, if ru doesn't exist,
> or see if the ru_RU contents need to be merged into ru, and then get rid
> of it.
>
> Carlos, I haven't been able to find the file provoking this. Do you know
> where it is?

That's just the list of all languages we know about in Rosetta either
general or particular to a concrete region. It's only to get suggestions
from so it's not that we are promoting translations for ru_RU, it just
means that, if for some reason we get such translations, you would get
suggestions too from that language. It's just informative not a way to
store translations into ru_RU so it's not a problem at all.

Cheers.

--
Carlos Perelló Marín
Ubuntu => http://www.ubuntu.com