What do you want in your translation summary page?

Mark Shuttleworth mark at canonical.com
Wed Apr 26 19:54:22 BST 2006

Matthew East wrote:
> I'm going to document some of these ideas on a wiki page soon, that
> maybe could form the basis of some general guidelines for translation
> teams. The real problem however is how to deal with teams which are
> already really full of non-trusted translators. I don't really have a
> good idea for a solution of this, I suspect it will depend on the size
> of the team.

Well, we should definitely be exposing the author of any particular
translation on the web site. That goes without saying, it's a
straightforward bug to fix if we are not already doing that.

Then I think the team leaders, or most experienced translators, should
set about reviewing some translations and if necessary trim membership
in their translation teams until folks are fully up to speed. That
process needs to be handled with some sensitivity, but it's perfectly
reasonable to do so.

Mark