What do you want in your translation summary page?

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 25 18:16:20 BST 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-25 at 19:00 +0200, Jordi Mallach wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 08:37:44AM +0800, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> > So, the trick here is to have tight control of your language teams,
> > and use Structured or Closed translation permission. Then only the
> > people you trust (the language team) will actually edit translations,
> > the others will just make suggestions.
>
> The problem is this phenomenon has been getting worse lately, and many
> teams have grown to be quite huge while rosetta has been in use.
>
> The Italians have a useful policy for people becoming full "editors" of
> their team. The Catalan team has taken many of their ideas when we
> created our team, in an attempt to experiment ways to avoid all of these
> problems.

I'm going to document some of these ideas on a wiki page soon, that
maybe could form the basis of some general guidelines for translation
teams. The real problem however is how to deal with teams which are
already really full of non-trusted translators. I don't really have a
good idea for a solution of this, I suspect it will depend on the size
of the team.

Matt
mdke at ubuntu.com
gnupg pub 1024D/0E6B06FF