Rosetta and language pack updates

Erdal Ronahi erdal.ronahi at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 08:53:28 CDT 2005

Hi,

I have some questions about the update process of language packs and the
role of Rosetta in it.

Is it necessary to synchronize the GNOME-CVS with Rosetta to get
translations into an update? Or will new translations by approved
translators in Rosetta be included automatically into the updates of the
language-packs? In other words, are only "green" translations included,
or "violet" ones from Rosetta as well?

And what is the update-cycle of the language packs? Monthly?
Six-monthly? And translations of which packets will be included? Just
the Ubuntu-specific packets or also GNOME and other applications? I’d be
glad if you could clarify that.

Regards,
Erdal