Major problem with suggested translations in rosetta

Matthew East matthew.east.ubuntu at breathe.com
Wed Jul 20 04:15:05 CDT 2005

> I reported this bug some time ago (#1071). It was expected to be a
> duplicate of bug #1036 but the (temporary) fix for #1036 did not solve
> the problem described above.
> The reason for it might be something else.

Thanks for this. I chatted to the rosetta guys in irc this morning and
it appears that the two bugs are not related after all. #1071 is a
missing feature, hopefully it will be implemented soon, although it
seems that the feature is not yet scheduled. The translations you enter
that are longer than one line are stored but not visible.

I hope this will be fixed soon because it is a _huge_ stopper for
translation.

> > The other thing: in order to approve suggested translations, is it
> > necessary to copy and paste from the suggestion? if so, why is it not
> > possible just to click a button to approve a suggestion?

Filed #1522 on this.

Matt