MOTU application for Alessio Treglia (quadrispro)

Iain Lane laney at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 21 16:17:15 GMT 2009

Hello,

On 21 Jan 2009, at 15:43, Alessio Treglia wrote:

> I think there are some work/tests to do, but I don't see  any special
> problem for bringing new ghc6 release to Jaunty.

I'd just like to point you to [0]. There are some upcoming changes to
Haskell packaging in Debian. This, combined with the rebuilds (and
porting?) that will be required, make me think that it's probably a
better idea to hold off for a bit. I must admit that I'm not
completely familiar with Debian's Haskell packaging, but it does seem
to me that they aren't done with 6.10.1 yet. It seems like this truly
is "experimental" (not to knock anyone, of course - this is a great
effort).

Actually, I wonder if there would be any appetite for a Debian/Ubuntu
Haskell packaging team? I see Ian Lynagh has put all of his packages
up for adoption, seems like a good opportunity for collaboration.
Stefan, Alessio, would you be interested in joining me on the Ubuntu
side? There's been talk of this a few times in the past but discussion
has always stalled.

Iain