MOTU application for Alessio Treglia (quadrispro)

Alessio Treglia quadrispro at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 20 23:34:51 GMT 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 2:14 AM, James Westby <jw+debian at jameswestby.net> wrote:
> Alessio, I also owe you an apology for bringing this up now, rather than
> at some point during the sponsorship process, or in private when
> approached to be an advocate. I hope you don't feel that I ambushed you
> by taking this approach.

I accept with an open mind others opinions and I think I'm a
"collaborative person", working hard with other developers. Any
critique makes me grow and I'm happy when somebody talk to me helping
me with suggestions, hints and also critiques.

You could first get in touch with me, but you didn't do it and I'm
sorry for that.
I have the maximum respect for you but I have been astonished by your
behaviour, I think it wasn't really 'fair'.

But it doesn't care, I'm sure there will be other opportunities to
work toghether again.

>> What about if ghc6 was in sync with Debian and we were before DIF? This
>> would have been autosynced and no-one would have noticed, so I think
>> re-adding removed code is not the good way here because we have to carry
>> this delta basically forever with no advantages.
>
> I agree, and I understood these issues. My point was that Alessio had
> not said anything to suggest that he had, but at the same time hadn't
> said anything that made me doubt he did either. This is something I see
> with most uploads I sponsor from Alessio, and so I wanted to raise the
> issue.

Regarding ghc6: I think Luca expressed clearly the situation and I
think the debian changelog mention everything needed: it was only a
merge.

Regarding sugar, it was my fault, I can only say it has not been a
destructive action, but that doesn't change the fact that I did it. I
lernt the lesson and I'm working hard to amend this so that I will not
 repeat it in other circumstances.

Regards

--
Alessio Treglia <quadrispro at ubuntu.com>