Core Developer application for Michael Casadevall (NCommander/sonicmctails)

Emmet Hikory persia at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 5 09:03:06 GMT 2009

Michael Casadevall wrote:
> I'm writing today to apply for Core Developer status in Ubuntu. Having
> continued to do work towards making Ubuntu better on the desktop and
> better as a distribution overall, I feel the time is appropriate to
> apply for core developer status.

    I'll vote +0 on this.  The technical work I have reviewed meets the
criteria I typically use, but the feedback from sponsors is decidedly
mixed, with contributions in some areas resulting in strong positive
feedback, and others resulting in less supportive comments, or
encouragements to reapply after some time.

    Given the discussions surrounding ArchiveReorganisation, I don't
believe there is any point in reapplying for core-dev in a couple
months, making this an unsuitable recommendation, although I'm not
entirely comfortable ignoring the current feedback in light of my
expectations surrounding this transition.

--
Emmet HIKORY