Core Developer application for Michael Casadevall (NCommander/sonicmctails)

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort pochu at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 5 09:17:45 GMT 2009

Emmet Hikory wrote:
>     Given the discussions surrounding ArchiveReorganisation, I don't
> believe there is any point in reapplying for core-dev in a couple
> months, making this an unsuitable recommendation, although I'm not
> entirely comfortable ignoring the current feedback in light of my
> expectations surrounding this transition.

I don't understand this. TTBOMK, the ArchiveReorganisation will be specially
useful for people concentration in one specific set of packages (e.g. people
working on the server, or KDE, or GNOME...), but there will be still be a
~ubuntu-core-dev group that can upload any package in the archive.

If that's correct, as Michael touches a very wide set of packages, I think it
makes sense for him to reapply in the future if he touches random packages or a
wider range than Kubuntu and any other subset of packages that he can get upload
permissions with the reorganization.

Cheers,
Emilio