MOTU application for James Westby (james_w)

Bryce Harrington bryce at canonical.com
Mon Sep 15 19:38:14 BST 2008

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 12:52:01AM +0100, James Westby wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to apply to become a MOTU.

+1 from me as well.  James' X contributions during Hardy were exemplary,
and since then even though he doesn't have upload privs he's been
assisting with reviewing other people's work in this area (including my
own) and identifying improvements and encouragement for contributors.
He's exactly the type of person we need in MOTU to help ensure strong
quality in universe, and I look forward to seeing him make progress
towards core-dev.

With James' passion for improving the developer toolkit, I'd hazard to
bet that having him in the MOTU team will have a side effect of bringing
new tools that'll save us time and increase the quality of our work.

Bryce