motu-release will revert libgems-ruby to the old state.

Sarah Hobbs hobbsee at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 3 09:59:57 BST 2008

Cesare Tirabassi wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 September 2008 10:30:09 Soren Hansen wrote:
>> Under what authority? The members of motu-release were elected to be
>> part of the team that evaluates and approves/disapproves various freeze
>> exceptions. Nothing else.
>
> This is your opinion. However, the charter of the motu-release team has been
> extensively discussed at a motu meeting [1][2], and then in the ubuntu motu
> mailing list [3].
> If anything, the team description in the wiki, which you use as a basis for
> your interpretation, is obsolete. I guess that was the description for the
> old motu-uvf team and I urge the team owner to take actions in this respect.
>
> Cesare
>
> [1]https://wiki.kubuntu.org/MOTU/Meetings/2008-02-01
> [2]http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2008/02/01/%23ubuntu-meeting.html
> [3]https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-motu/2008-February/003191.html

Which, by my discussions with Daniel, and the general perception that
seems to be going around, means that they *do* in fact have the
authority, and that your argument is therefore null and void.

I've asked Daniel to publicly clarify the official position, which will
hopefully clear up any possibly future confusion.

Hobbsee