motu-release will revert libgems-ruby to the old state.

Reinhard Tartler siretart at tauware.de
Wed Sep 3 08:27:35 BST 2008

Soren Hansen <soren at ubuntu.com> writes:

> I'm happy to engage in a discussion as to whether motu-release *should*
> have this authority. In fact, I'm inclined to think that they should.
> I'm simply pointing out that they currently do *not*.

AFAIR, this is the very first case a MOTU elected body (motu-release)
resolved a technical dispute like this. In this particular case, they
have showed a detailed technical review of their investigation. This
involved many active ubuntu developers (the motu-release members), which
(as you seem to agree) all of them would have the authority to revert an
upload if they think it was right.

I therefore can only support the move of action of motu-release and
would like to encourage them to continue their great way of resolving
technical disagreements such as this one.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4