Universe Contributors Application for Stefan Lesicnik (stefanlsd)

Stefan Lesicnik stefan at lsd.co.za
Thu Oct 30 21:25:41 GMT 2008

Hi,

Please also consider my application to become an UUC.

You can find my Launchpad Page[0] and wiki page[1] for some more
information about me.

I was part of the mentor program with Emanuele Gentili (emgent) as my
mentor for which I am grateful to him and the program. Thanks!

I wrote a document on dpkg-gensymbols[2] while trying to understand
it, which might be of assistance and can hopefully make the MOTU
Recipes page. After attending the security session at UDW, I was
fortunate to be able to assist on a few of the security uploads and
jdstrand has been of great assistance and guidance.  I never quiet
appreciated how difficult it was to package an update for something in
Dapper!

For the future, I would like to continue my work in the security team,
but also learn as much as I can from the upcoming Jaunty cycle. In
particular I would like to experience and assist with the different
components of the dev cycle to gain a more complete understanding. II
have found bzr immensely useful for packing and testing (bzr revert is
awesome!)  and think that the Jaunty VCS will be great and I look
forward to contributing to the process.

I feel that I have contributed a small amount to Ubuntu, and still
have so much to learn. I hope to eventually become a mentor to others
and assist them where i can.

Thanks to all the people so far who have assisted me (especially those
on IRC who are always somehow online to answer my silly questions).

I have CC'd some sponsors who I have worked with - In no particular order

Emanuele Gentili (emgent)
Jamie Strandboge (jdstrand)
William Grant (wgrant)

Thanks for taking the time to consider my application.

PS: Congrats to everyone involved in the release of Intrepid Ibex!

Stefan

[0] - http://launchpad.net/~stefanlsd
[1] - http://wiki.ubuntu.com/stefanlsd
[2] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/stefanlsd/dpkg-gensymbols