MOTU application for Michael Casadevall (NCommander/sonicmctails)

Emmet Hikory persia at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 27 03:54:27 GMT 2008

Michael Casadevall wrote:
> I'm writing today apply for MOTU status in Ubuntu. I've been highly
> active during the intrepid release cycle, working to help resolve and
> fix many bugs, as well as build stronger ties with Debian by merging
> patches from Ubuntu when appropriate. I have been urged by my sponsors
> to apply for some time, and finally worked up the nerve to face the
> possibility of rejection.

    You've been very active, and done a lot of excellent work, both
from my direct experience, and from those patches I have reviewed so
far.  Often aspiring MOTU are encouraged to complete a full
development cycle before applcation, although this isn't a firm rule.
In the few months you've been involved with the project, I'm sure
you've heard stories or read documentaiton on appropriate processes
for each phase of the development cycle.  Would you mind sharing your
view on the different phases of the cycle, and what sort of work MOTU
should target in each phase?

--
Emmet HIKORY