MOTU application for Michael Casadevall (NCommander/sonicmctails)

Steve Kowalik stevenk at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 22 08:36:31 BST 2008

Hi MOTU Council,

Michael Casadevall wrote:
<snip>

> Sixth and finally is linux-lpia 2.6.27-4.8
> (https://edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-lpia). This was my
> first adventure into the world of kernel hacking, and boy was it fun.
> The main issue here is that most of the metapackages were not being
> built since they were at the time were arch all, and linux-lpia
> obviously doesn't build on pure x86. Since linux-lpia is lpia only,
> these were changed to lpia so they could be built on the lpia
> authobuilders, but to make this work required major changes to the
> rules file in git to build the packages sanely with the new package
> names

This is the most recent of my working with Michael, and he followed this
up to completion, making sure that every base was covered and that I was
clear on what his status was. I've time after time been impressed by the
breadth of work Michael is covering, and I think he'll make a fine MOTU.
+1 from me.

> I also would like to greatly work towards removing cruft from the
> archive, such as gtk1.2, and improving both Xfce and KDE. One of my
> largest projects in terms of general usability with Xubuntu and Xfce
> specifically is making Xfce fully syncable from Debian with the
> expection of the few Ubuntu specific patches, as well as helping any
> bug

Yay! Cruft removal!

Cheers,
--
                                        Steve
"Why does everyone say 'Relax' when they're about to do something terrible?"