MOTU Application for Thierry Carrez (Koon)

James Westby james.westby at canonical.com
Thu Nov 20 13:22:17 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-11-20 at 10:53 +0100, Thierry Carrez wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My name is Thierry Carrez[1]. Please consider this my application to
> become a member of the MOTU team.

Hi Thierry,

Thanks for applying.

I support Thierry's application, I have sponsored several of his
uploads, most of them far from trivial, and they have all been of
excellent quality. Where there have been issues he has fixed them
promptly, and taken the time to investigate the correct fix, rather
than just make the simple change, for instance the upload of tomcat5.5
the other day and the investigation of the LifecycleListener he did.
Also, he is quick to absorb knowledge so that you don't need to make the
same point often, for instance each sponsor request now comes with a
summary of the diff from Debian indicating what has been forwarded, what
will be, and what is Ubuntu specific and why, which I value highly.

I am impressed with Thierry's willingness to tackle the hard problem,
and the few mistakes he makes while doing so. I also believe he will
happily ask his peers for advice when he is unsure of how to proceed.

Please approve his application to be a MOTU, I believe he will be a
great asset to the team, and will work on areas of Ubuntu that
are in need of attention.

Thanks,

James