Application to join core-dev team for Andrew Pollock (Caesar)

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Mon May 26 18:07:01 BST 2008

Hi Andrew,

Andrew Pollock [2008-05-26 12:33 +0200]:
> I'll freely admit that I'm not hugely familiar with workflows etc. My main
> motivation for wanting to become a core-dev is to be able to directly fix
> bugs that we encounter. My immediate priority is fixing small issues in
> Hardy in the various point releases, within the constraints of the SRU
> process.

Thanks for the clarification. For SRU it isn't too hard to work with
sponsorship either. I am happy to sponsor your changes, I'll read all
bug mail where ~ubuntu-sru is subscribed anyway. This would be a good
path towards upload rights IMHO.

> If the general consensus is there is a preference for me to become a MOTU
> first, then graduate to core-dev, that's fine, just let me know what the
> desired course of action is. Alternatively, if you just want to see more
> sponsorship runs on the board, let me know. I'd just heard that for DDs, it
> was possible to go straight to core-dev, so I thought I'd test that
> hypothesis.

With you being a long-term DD I agree that a straight core-dev should
be considered. I am not so much fussed about MOTU vs. core-dev, but
rather seeing some Ubuntu contributions/SRUs from you, to see that you
understand the Ubuntu specific processes.

Thanks!

Martin