MC Call Minutes, Mar 19th

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort pochu at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 19 15:51:31 GMT 2008

Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> Daniel Holbach wrote:
>> - Discussion about the mechanics of granting of Ubuntu membership (MC
>> not being admin of 'ubuntumembers'). Emmet kindly agreed to raise the
>> issue with the CC.
>
> Should we not make MOTU a member of "ubuntumembers", so anyone granted
> membership in MOTU is immediately also an Ubuntu Member? Thoughts?

It already is.

The proposal is for the MC to grant Ubuntu membership if the candidate has done
a significant Ubuntu work but isn't prepared for MOTUship yet. But for approving
them into ~ubuntumembers, MC would need to be an admin of that team.

Another solution would be to ask the CC secretary to do the changes, although I
don't know whether that would escalate well.

Cheers,
Emilio