MC Call Minutes, Mar 19th

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 19 23:12:40 GMT 2008

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
> It already is.
>
> The proposal is for the MC to grant Ubuntu membership if the candidate has done
> a significant Ubuntu work but isn't prepared for MOTUship yet. But for approving
> them into ~ubuntumembers, MC would need to be an admin of that team.

I far prefer indirect membership by mem bership in a specific team which
recognises the basis of your contribution. Say we have a well-governed
doc-team, and we make that a sub-team of ubuntumembers. Then, if you are
a participant in the doc team, you are a member. That makes sense to me.

The alternative, having people BOTH in MOTU *and* in ubuntumembers, is
just a recipe for loose ends. So I would rather that there are teams
which are well run which recognise a significant and sustained
contribution in some or other domain - and that membership in those
teams confers Ubuntu membership.

Mark