Core Developer Application for Richard Johnson (nixternal)

Stephan Hermann sh at sourcecode.de
Wed Jun 4 07:24:34 BST 2008

Good Morning,

On Fri, 23 May 2008 15:23:05 -0500
"Richard A. Johnson" <nixternal at kubuntu.org> wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
> Please accept this email as my application to become an Ubuntu Core
> Developer. My wiki [1] and launchpad [2] pages provide further
> information about who I am and what I have done to date in the
> community, as well as my future plans within the community and as a
> core developer.

I vouch for Richard, because he took over the heavy burden to make
KUbuntu (or as I favour it: Ubuntu with KDE Desktop) a
first-class-citizen of the Ubuntu family.
He works hard and continously to make KDE really look cool on Ubuntu.
He took over the work on PyQT and PyKDE and this is great to know,
because those packages are quite vital for the KDE Version of Ubuntu.

He works self-dependent, but is always eager to ask for advice first,
when he is not confident enough if something is right, IMHO this is ONE
if not the VERY IMPORTANT thing to do for a core-dev.

Richard took also over a fair ammount of work for the community in the
Kubuntu and MOTU council. He's always available when he's needed and
he's a very kind and funny person :)

I'm following Richards way since a he started...and if Darwin is
right, he's the better version of a developer :)

So if you are in need of a good, kind and heavy working person, Richard
is the right one.

Thx, Rich, for being part of this community :)

42,

\sh