Ubuntu Contributing Developer Application for Nathan Handler (nhandler)

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Thu Jul 10 19:34:50 BST 2008

On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 06:56:29PM -0500, Nathan Handler wrote:
> My name is Nathan Handler (nhandler) [1][2]. Please consider this my
> application to become an Ubuntu Contributing Developer.
>
> I have spent a lot of time on merges and syncs during the Intrepid
> development cycle. I will admit, not all of my merges were perfect the
> first time. However, whenever possible, I tried to go back and make any
> needed corrections. This allowed me to learn a lot about the many things
> that must be considered when determining whether or not a package can be
> synced or if it must be merged. I have since used my knowledge to help
> educate other people by holding a lesson on how to merge a package from
> Debian [3].

My only memory of working significantly with Nathan is as an archive
administrator processing his sync requests; however, they generally
seemed to be better-formed than average (to the extent that I noticed
his name and generally prioritised dealing with his syncs if I was too
short on time to process the whole queue) and I don't recall having any
problems with them.

(If I've forgotten an instance of more direct sponsorship, then my
apologies, and please remind me!)