Motu application for Emanuele Gentili (emgent)

Michael Bienia michael at vorlon.ping.de
Wed Jul 9 13:00:10 BST 2008

On 2008-07-02 16:28:50 +0200, Stephan Hermann wrote:
[security uploads]
> Yes...being a MOTU/Core-dev means you are more trusted then someone
> else. So having a MOTU or core-dev preparing a security bugfix this
> bugfix can be more trusted then from someone we don't know.
> Actually, I do like a "broken security update" more from a known dev,
> then from an unknown (unkown to my gpg keyring and unknown to me).

So you would trust a MOTU who didn't work on security updates in the
past more to prepare a security update than a known contributor which
has prepared several security updates in the past?

I usually base my trust on experience in a specific field of that person,
being it core-dev, MOTU or a (known) contributor (in general and not
only limited to security updates).

Right now I'd trust Emanuele more to prepare a good security update than
myself.

Regards,
Michael