Motu application for Emanuele Gentili (emgent)

Stephan Hermann team at leonov.tv
Wed Jul 2 15:28:50 BST 2008

On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 16:18:33 +0200
Soren Hansen <soren at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> > _Future_
>
> > I'd like became motu for work direcly in Universe for upload my
> > security and non-security fix and maintain packages.
>
> Forgive my ignorance... Security uploads (even though for universe)
> still need to go through the security team, don't they? Does being a
> MOTU (or core-dev) actually help anything in this respect?

Yes...being a MOTU/Core-dev means you are more trusted then someone
else. So having a MOTU or core-dev preparing a security bugfix this
bugfix can be more trusted then from someone we don't know.
Actually, I do like a "broken security update" more from a known dev,
then from an unknown (unkown to my gpg keyring and unknown to me).

Could just be me.

Regards,

\sh