Motu Application for Steve Stalcup (vorian)

Luca Bruno lucab at debian.org
Sat Jul 5 15:03:24 BST 2008

[Please Cc: me when replying, as I'm not subscribed to this list]

Steve Stalcup scrisse:

> In addition to my 50 hour a week job in real life, and raising 4
> children, I would like to be considered for the MOTU team!
>
> As for packages I am fond of, I'll start with chm2pdf.
> https://edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/chm2pdf
> This was my first package accepted into Ubuntu.  I learned quite a
> bit about packaging with python apps.  This package is now maintained
> in Debian, and is synced with every bugfix or new upstream.
>
> Along with these, I've had a couple of packages sponsored into
> Debian. pdf2djvu and trash-cli (trash-cli was just uploaded today).
> The new upstream of pdf2djvu and the initial release of trash-cli
> will be synced once they are available in Sid.
>
> http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=vorian%40ubuntu.com Debian
> QA Page

I've worked with Steve since March, sponsoring his chm2pdf and later
pdf2djvu in Debian, and I have to say that it's really a pleasure to
work with him. I've found only a couple of really minor glitches in his
packages so far, and he was really quick to promptly fix and provide new
correct packages.
He proved to learn new things very fastly and to be able to apply them,
without too much input or pointers on my side.

I cannot speak for MOTU and ubuntu works, as I'm not really in it, but I
can really assert that Steve is a good and knowledged packager, and his
contributions to Debian have been so far greatly appreciated.

> Thanks for your consideration.
> Steve (vorian)

Ciao, Luca

--
 .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **  | Luca Bruno
: :'  :   The Universal O.S.    | lucab (AT) debian.org