Motu Application for Steve Stalcup (vorian)

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Thu Jul 3 22:12:23 BST 2008

On Thursday 03 July 2008 16:56, Steve Stalcup wrote:
> In addition to my 50 hour a week job in real life, and raising 4 children,
> I would like to be considered for the MOTU team!

+1 from me.

> As for packages I am fond of, I'll start with chm2pdf.
> https://edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/chm2pdf
> This was my first package accepted into Ubuntu.  I learned quite a bit
> about packaging with python apps.  This package is now maintained in
> Debian, and is synced with every bugfix or new upstream.

I uploaded this after a few comments that were professionally dealt with.
Definite bonus points for pushing to Debian and getting new stuff in there.

> I really like kdiamond-kde4, it's very addictive
> https://edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdiamond-kde4
> This was my first FeatureFreeze exception package.  With this package, I
> learned how the Feature Freeze Exception process works.  This is now part
> of the kde-games meta-package as kdiamond.

I worked with him on the FFe for this and he was very open and accepting of
the additional requirements to get uploaded post FF.

> Throughout the remainder of this cycle, I will continue to help the
> fabulous Kubuntu team get the 8.10 release ready to be the best one ever!
> I will continue to look for new apps to package, which is always fun to do.
>  I also plan on joining the Ubuntu Universe Sponsors team, and doing
> several reviews a week.  I also plan on helping in the MOTU-Torrent team.
> Most of all, I look forward to continuing to learn and grow with the best
> development team in the world.
>
> Here are the appropriate links:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StephenStalcup <- wiki page
> https://edge.launchpad.net/~vorian/+packages <- packages
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StephenStalcup/MOTU - Motu journal <- Motu Journal
> http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=vorian%40ubuntu.com <- Debian QA
> Page
>
> I also wanted to thank the following sponsors for putting up with me!  I
> really appreciate your guidance, time, and sharing of seemingly endless
> knowledge:
>
> John Dong, Richard Johnson, Jonathan Patrick Davies, Johnathan Riddell
> Luca Falavigna, Scott Kitterman, Nelson A. de Oliveira, and Luca Bruno.

In addition to his packaging work, Steve has been a good member of the
community.  He works well with the MOTU and other hopefuls.  +1 for community
integration too.

Scott K