Fwd: Re: Motu Application for Steve Stalcup (vorian)

Steve Stalcup vorian at ubuntu.com
Fri Jul 4 04:56:46 BST 2008

Richard asked me to forward this (he responded to me only), as he  has no
access to his Ubuntu email

Subject: Re: Motu Application for Steve Stalcup (vorian)
Date: Thursday 03 July 2008
From: "Richard A. Johnson" <nixternal at kubuntu.org>
To: Steve Stalcup <vorian at ubuntu.com>

On Thursday 03 July 2008 16:00:31 you wrote:
| In addition to my 50 hour a week job in real life, and raising 4 children,
| I would like to be considered for the MOTU team!

I fully support Steve's application and have tried to help him out as much as
possible with reaching his goal. I have definitely watched Steve grow over the
past few years here in Ubuntu, and in the last 8 or so months with packaging.
He is very pleasant to work with and all around awesome dude. All of the
packages I helped him with were damn near perfect with some minor cosmetic
details, mainly the copyright files. It only took him a few tries and he was on
his way and having no problems after that, of course introducing him to
licensecheck was probably a bit of a life saver for him. Since then Steve has
even taught me a few new tricks.

Thanks Steve for all of your help and good luck!

MC: View this email as my support email and not my vote email so I can keep
them
separate for reporting purposes. I will present my vote when the rest of the
MC
presents theirs.

--
Richard A. Johnson