[Fwd: Naming problem for the "Falcon Programming Language" in Ubuntu.]

Soren Hansen soren at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 14 14:44:55 GMT 2008

On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 03:23:25PM +0100, Giancarlo Niccolai wrote:
> As it doesn't seem that the sentence "Before uploading all possible
> clashes should be 100% dealt with" is valid as an universal rule,
> considering this case, I cannot consider unbiased the other statement:
> "The race for inclusion in both Debian and Ubuntu is totally
> unnecessary".

I think Daniel's point is that the "ownership" of /usr/bin/falcon is
*not* necessarily given to the first package to enter the archive. I.e.
it's not a race.  *Especially* when the packages enter the archive
within such a short period of time. There hasn't been time to form any
sort of precedent about what one could expect to have invoked when
calling /usr/bin/falcon. If your programming language was called
apache2, the situation would probably be quite different, though :)

--
Soren Hansen
Ubuntu Server Team