[Fwd: Naming problem for the "Falcon Programming Language" in Ubuntu.]

Giancarlo Niccolai gc at falconpl.org
Mon Jan 14 10:01:55 GMT 2008

Stephan Hermann wrote:
> Good Morning,
>
> I don't see any intervention of the motu-council here.
> You are talking about two different upstream projects,

<snip>
> And I think this is your problem right now. Not a technical or motu
> problem...
>
> Regards,
>
> \sh

The reason why I ask for the council to take a position is not
technical; it's about the way the thing has been handled. I have a good
name, I post a package, he has a good name, he doesn't post a package; I
offer to fix things and to see if we can meet in the middle, he takes
the good name and *orders* me to change a quite gigantic work and
undertake another gigantic work so in future my work won't clash with
his. *This* is where I raise a question about CoC.

The technical question can be discussed in motu and/or devel list.

And no, it's not *mine* problem (or did you mean your=the both of you;
in that case, no, it's not *our* problem). It will be Ubuntu users
problem when all the other distros will have a /usr/bin/falcon running
scripts (as they are having right now an open project request) while
Ubuntu will have a /usr/bin/falcon managing packages. That's the only
reason I am still here trying to sort out the technical aspect; for
respect towards Ubuntu users. In fact, my first reaction was just that
of requesting my package to be de-listed, but I understood this would
cause quite a mess, which I prefer to avoid through some sort of negotiate.

Regards,

Giancarlo.