MOTU Application for Scott Ritchie (again)

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Tue Jan 8 09:22:27 GMT 2008

Daniel Holbach wrote:
> On Sa, 2007-12-29 at 14:04 -0800, Scott Ritchie wrote:
>> Stephen Hermann, and for Gutsy Scott Kitterman, have both been merging
>> my packages into Universe largely unchanged.  I'd like to just do this
>> myself for Hardy, bring in the Spring packages when appropriate, and
>> generally participate more in all things MOTU.
>
> I took the plunge and dived into the wine changelog and extracted all
> changes that were not made upstream and directly attributed to you. You
> prepared 52 revisions of wine. That's quite impressive.

I'll note that at times the package has been forked temporarily and some
of my changes integrated by the sponsors alongside other changes they
made.  Still, yeah, I've been doing this for a surprisingly long time now.

> Scott: I'm not sure how familiar you are with the Ubuntu and MOTU
> processes. Do you know about Syncing, Merging, how to get NEW packages
> in, how sponsoring works, etc.?

I learned a lot about the MOTU processes first hand from attending (and
even taking notes at) most of the MOTU-related meetings at UDS-Boston.

Sponsorship I'm quite familiar with, having had my packages sponsored by
two different people ;)

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie