core-dev application - Bryce Harrington

Bryce Harrington bryce at canonical.com
Wed Feb 20 07:35:53 GMT 2008

Hi all,

I'd appreciate consideration for joining the Ubuntu core-dev team.

I've itemized my contributions to Free Software and Ubuntu in particular
at http://wiki.ubuntu.com/BryceHarrington.  I've learned a good deal
more about packaging since gaining MOTU last August, and feel ready to
progress to core-dev.

My major package sponsors have included Kees Cook, Timo Aaltonen, Martin
Pitt, and Sebastien Bacher.  A number of others have sponsored uploads
here and there, and I'm thankful for their help and wisdom.

My principle focus for Ubuntu has been X.org maintenance, including
packaging, development work on specs, patch testing, and lots of bug
triaging.  An early objective was to reverse Ubuntu's reputation for
usually getting monitor resolutions wrong; I'm happy to report after a
lot of xresprobe work and other bug fixes, Ubuntu nowadays usually gets
resolutions 100% right and I consider this objective satisfied.
Nowadays my focus has shifted towards making drivers more robust and bug
free, starting with -intel.

With core-dev access, I will be better able to support X.org in Ubuntu,
allowing a quicker turnaround in patch uploads.  In addition, since Timo
is core-dev he's been able to take care of our upload needs, however I'd
like to share that burden, as well as other Ubuntu packaging tasks where
needed.

Thanks!  And please let me know if you have any questions.

Bryce

http://wiki.ubuntu.com/BryceHarrington
https://launchpad.net/~bryceharrington/+packages