MOTU Application for Fabien Tassin (fta)

Stefan Potyra sistpoty at ubuntu.com
Sun Aug 31 01:32:42 BST 2008

Hi Fabien,

On Saturday 30 August 2008 18:50:51 Fabien Tassin wrote:
[..]

> This is all about following the workflow of the specific team. Anyone
> willing to contribute to a package owned by a team should at least take the
> time to ask the team about their workflow. I think most teams have a page
> on the wiki describing just that. If not, it's a problem that should be
> fixed. The very minimum would be to look for a Vcs-* tag in the control
> file and if there is, never sponsor a debdiff without talking to the branch
> owners first, otherwise, like you said, it will go out of sync and make
> further maintenance difficult. Of course, if there's no Vcs-* tag, but the
> package is maintained in a branch, there's no way to know so it's ok.
>
> Don't mis-interpret me, I'm not trying to make the life harder for
> contributors, I'm just trying to explain why we sometimes have to merge
> debdiffs into larger releases because people were not aware of our
> workflow. I understand that this could be frustrating so it should be
> avoided as much as possible. I don't think it's only about the Mozilla
> team.

yes, this all makes sense, thanks for your insights.

Can you also state how the policy for the mozilla team is, so in case I find a
debdiff/branch for the mozilla team that needs sponsoring, I know what to do?

Finally, both from your answers, and from the work you've done, I'd personally
be happy to see you in the MOTU team.

Cheers,
   Stefan.