Core Developer Application for Harald Sitter (apachelogger)

Harald Sitter apachelogger at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 29 13:22:51 BST 2008

On Friday 29 August 2008 13:40:14 Daniel Holbach wrote:
> I'm pleased to read how important education and guidance for new
> contributors is to you. What are your plans there? Surely you'll spend
> time reviewing patches and sponsoring them. Which parts of main are you
> going to work on and sponsor things for?

My plans... of course sponsoring patches for the desktops, but if there is no
one to actually create the patches, there is no need for sponsoring, therefore
I am going to contine my effort of getting new people to join the Ubuntu
development crew and help them get to the point where they don't need
sponsoring anymore.

I'll probably work mostly on KDE (related) packages, since that is where I got
most experience. However, I also know enough about how GNOME works, so I guess
I will jump in there as well as help is needed.
To summarize that: desktop environments, with focus on KDE

> How has your work with Debian maintainers been like? How would describe
> your collaboration with other people in core-dev land?

The work with Debian maintainers is just awesome. I think especially the
cooperation between Kubuntu and Debian KDE team is pretty good. While we are
having a healthy competition, there is also a lot of collaboration going (all
big decisions which affect Debian one way or another usually are discussed with
them before doing anything).

Core developers, are just developers...
Collaboration with core devs is not any different from the one within MOTU
(just that I need sponsoring after agreeing on the perfect solution/change).
In general, I'd like to describe the collaboration as fun and excellent team
work.

Greetings,
Harald