MOTU Application for kirkland [Was Re: Universe Contributors application for Dustin Kirkland (kirkland)]

Stefan Potyra sistpoty at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 14 20:26:02 BST 2008

Hi Dustin,

We've got a pretty hard backlog on reviewing packages sitting on REVU. Do you
have any good suggestions in regard to clear that backlog?

On Thursday 14 August 2008 19:39:41 Dustin Kirkland wrote:
[..]

> I created a meta-package for Ubuntu Virtualization from scratch.  This
> is intended to make setting up an Ubuntu virtualization server, and an
> ubuntu virtualization management server easier.  I intend on being
> active with these packages, making it easier to set up virtual
> networking and bridges among the server and its virtual machines.
>
>  * ubuntu-virt - https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-virt
>   * Created these meta-packages from scratch
>    * ubuntu-virt-server
>    * ubuntu-virt-mgmt
likewise, I found that ubuntu-virt is still sitting in REVU's to-be-reviewed
packages. What do you think went wrong that this is still the case?

Also, I'm curious, as I see MOTU being more and more long-distant from ubuntu-
server. What are your thoughts about that issue?

I think it's great that you stated that you're a Canonical employee in your
initial application. Do you think there is a difference between Canonical
employees and other Contributor's applying for MOTU?

Finally, we'll be in FeatureFreeze soon. As an attempt to not overload the
motu-release team (and also that other people might now better), we've been
assigning delegates for various teams (e.g. Ridell to handle kde-specific
requests). Assume you were the delegate for ubuntu-server. On what basis would
you hand out freeze exceptions?

Cheers,
   Stefan.