Universe Contributors application for James Westby (james_w)

Michael Bienia michael at vorlon.ping.de
Fri Aug 1 23:24:50 BST 2008

On 2008-08-01 14:00:47 +0100, James Westby wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to apply to become an Ubuntu Universe Contributor.

+1 based on activity and sponsor comments.

I already assumed you're higher up in the food chain, so it's time to
correct this :)

> P.P.S. I am using my Canonical address for the application, which
> is not the address I normally use on the mailing lists, not
> because I think it should influence the decision, but just so that
> you have all of the facts. :-)

Just curious: As Canonical employees usually work on the "core" parts
(core-dev, LP dev, etc.) of Ubuntu/Canonical and not in universe, how do you
manage to find the time for your contributions and still do your normal
work? Or does it overlap?

Michael