Core-Dev Application: Till Kamppeter

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 2 18:06:56 BST 2008

Hi,

Stefan Potyra [2008-04-02 18:35 +0200]:
> The original mail didn't state anything about binary patching or linker
> problems

Most of these discussions happened in private mail, when we discussed
what the best approach would be to solve the /usr/local/ problem. We
finally came to the conclusion that some sed hack in the binary
packages were the least intrusive solution.

> What's the package wich does binary patching, as I'm personally
> interested how it's done.

  https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/brother-lpr-drivers-bh7/1.0.0-9-0ubuntu3

Martin

My 5 today: #154596 (jockey), #207957 (jockey), #207928 (jockey),
#202802 (jockey, linux-restricted-modules-2.6.24), #204940 (apport)
Do 5 a day - every day! https://wiki.ubuntu.com/5-A-Day