MOTU application for Morten Kjeldgaard

Emmet Hikory persia at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 1 17:08:41 BST 2008

Morten Kjeldgaard wrote:
> I hereby submit my application to become a MOTU.

    I have consistently been impressed with the complexity of the
tasks Morten has taken on, initially finding that the review of new
package candidates required significant study on my part of policy,
recommendations, guidelines, and sometimes the subject matter towards
which the package was directed (for which I am thankful).  I further
admire Morten's dedication towards ensuring that the work is shared
with all, and remember several occasions where this involved extended
discussions with upstream as to the comparitve value of academic
release and release as free software.

    As Morten has been following his second development cycle, he has
further become involved in more work on the existing packages in the
distribution, solving a mix of trivial and complex bugs, and working
with others to help them meet the same standards set for his own
packages.

    I believe Morten has demonstrated both techinical ability and
community involvement, has a clear plan for further work, which plan
would benefit from being MOTU, and would otherwise make a valuable
addition to the team.

--
Emmet HIKORY