MOTU team process

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Mon Mar 19 10:53:15 GMT 2007

Daniel Holbach wrote:
> In my personal opinion, we need
>       * more people willing to mentor
>       * better documentation
>       * more publicity
>       * more organized events.
>
> I don't feel strongly about this, but I feel that writing a mail to the
> MOTU Council (to join the ranks of the MOTUs) won't bother people more
> than clicking the 'join the team' link. Also the measures mentioned
> above will do a better job at guiding people in the right direction.

We plan to add a place where you can communicate this process to users.
So when a user clicks on "Join" they get told "You need to do X, Y and
Z". Right now, they are just told "Go away". I'd like to make it
moderated so they get told "thank you, your application is received, we
will get back to you".

Mark